Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolved [Megan]

There are few New Year's resolutions that compare with Jonathan Edwards' list. At the dawn of 2013, I am happy to borrow the first one and try my best to live it out to the glory of God.

"Resolved, to do whatsoever I think to be most to God's glory, and my own good, profit and pleasure, in the whole of my duration, without any consideration of the time, whether now, or never so many myriad's of ages hence. Resolved to do whatever I think to be my duty and most for the good and advantage of mankind in general. Resolved to do this, whatever difficulties I meet with, how many and how great soever."


2 comments:

  1. While we're on the topic of God, I was wondering: For many years nations outlawed abortion, and yet they didn't have the arguments like SLED or "advanced pro-life apologetics". We're talking about people who think it's okay to vivisect a baby -- do you think they're going to read some argument on here and be like "you know, this is troubling...maybe I should give this some more thought", and then reject abortion?

    (my apologies if this is posted more than once -- i'm having trouble with the "please prove you're not a robot" image)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually has happened several times, Paul. Many others have become pro-life not by directly reading this website, but because they were persuaded by a pro-life apologist using the material on it.

    But indeed, many don't see it as similar to vivisecting a baby. That’s why using graphic images is essential.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. We reject all comments containing obscenity. We reserve the right to reject any and all comments that are considered inappropriate or off-topic without explanation.