Monday, August 31, 2009

Don't Let Health-Care Apologists Get Away with Faulty Assumptions [SK]


As you can see, I'm away in London suffering for God (ignore the date on the pic), but, even here, the Democrats most recent appeal to Christians is making headlines. I dealt with the faulty nature of this appeal in a previous post, but here is Al Gore's latest example of Scripture twisting:

Playing off the focus of the Kennedy funeral on the Gospel of Matthew’s parable of Jesus taking care of “the least of us,” Gore thundered that the country has “a moral duty to pass health care reform. This year.”
I have just one question for Mr. Gore: Are the unborn whom we are permitted to kill under this health care plan included in 'the least of these?' For example, if the plan you reference allowed killing toddlers to benefit the health of others, would you still say we had a moral obligation to pass it this year?

With all due respect to the former VP, he needs to answer those questions before lecturing us about our alleged moral and Biblical obligations to help the poor. And while we're at it, Scripture doesn't come close to backing up his alleged case. If he'd bother to actually read the text, here's what he'd conclude:

1. All humans have value because they bear the image of their creator. (Gen 1: 26, 9:6, etc.)
2. Because humans bear God's image, the shedding of innocent blood is strictly forbidden. (Exodus 23:7, Provers 6:16-19, to name a few)
3. The science of embryology clearly teaches that from the earliest stages of development, the unborn are distinict, living, and whole human beings.
4. Therefore the unborn, like all humans, bear the image of their maker and should not be killed without justification.

Still want to quote Scripture, Mr.Gore?

2 comments:

  1. Gore and other government-control-of-healthcare advocates are misusing the scripture in another way.

    Did Jesus mean "In as much as [your government] ha[s] done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me"?

    Was Jesus telling us that we should offload unto the government our responsibility to care for our fellow man?

    Was Jesus telling us that service involves extorting from our fellow man through government force in order for the government to inslave others through government dependency?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying this too much.

    Jesus said "In as much as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me". What did He mean by "done it"? Done what?

    Jesus explained:

    Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

    The verses specifically list food, drink, lodging, visitation and clothing. Leftists want to extend these to include healthcare. I don't think that's an unfair extrapolation. But if these verses mean that it's a Christian duty to have the government takeover healthcare (something not even mentioned in the verses), doesn't it more obviously mean that it's the Christian duty to have the government takeover the manufacturing and delivery of food, drink, clothing and housing?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. We reject all comments containing obscenity. We reserve the right to reject any and all comments that are considered inappropriate or off-topic without explanation.