Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Words escape me. [Jay]

I do not have the words to articulate how this story about a 13 year old Italian girl being forced into abortion by a judge because her parents were outraged by her unexpected pregnancy makes me feel.

I was once asked why I did not argue more forcefully with a beloved friend of mine who is pro-choice. I told the questioner that I knew my beloved friend had encouraged her daughter to get abortions on two separate occasions. Winning the argument with my friend over the truth of what abortion truly is means convincing her that she encouraged her daughter to kill her grandchildren. That was a realization I intended to bring about through love.

All too often we see parents at our center forcing their children toward the decision of abortion. This is the grotesque reality that we are confronted with in a world that has been convinced the sanctity of life is a question of preference. Parents compelling their children to kill their grandchildren.

I pray for that young woman. I pray for her parents. God help us all.

1 comment:

  1. Notice the deafening silence of the prochoice side?

    But then, they go beyond silence with the forced abortions in Tibet and China. They supply logistical and political support.

    So much for being for "choice".

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. We reject all comments containing obscenity. We reserve the right to reject any and all comments that are considered inappropriate or off-topic without explanation.